Friday, November 21, 2014

Getting A Support System


Hello Beautiful People!
I hope everyone has has rested well.  I was up very late thinking about this blog.  My therapist says that writing is good for me.  It helps me to release some anxiety that has been building up over the past year.  It is very stressful to deal with cancer!  Not only for me, but my husband,family, friends, doctors, nurses, and people who know me.  We all need support. I feel as though I have a good support system in play.  Its like a race;  you don’t need support just when you are racing, but before and afterwards is just as important as well.
  •  You have to have a goal.  If  you don’t have a goal then what are you planning for?
  •  When you are planning a race you have to get in shape and train.  You need someone who can get  you up off your butt and motivate you.  You may not want to at first, but once you do,  it gets easier.
  •  At the same time you need to eat right.  You need to fuel your body with the right type of food.  You can’t work out, then go home and eat cookies or ice cream. You know the Skittle commercial that says “Taste The Rainbow” well that’s what you need to do.  Eating a variety of fruit, vegetables, grains, and lean meats will do you good.  Eat the right portions, don’t over cook it, and don’t overload with butter, gravy, or sauce. There are lots of books that will help you to determine what is right for you.
  •  By this time,  it should be going well.  You have your goal, you’re training, and you’re eating right. If you fall off, get back up, dust yourself off, and get back on the right path. You don’t have to start back at the beginning….you just have to start
My family and my friends are my goal.  I want to be there for them.  I need to train to be healthy, I need to eat right so I delay the cancer, and not give up because their waiting at the finish line for me.  They are whats important to me. They are who I do it for.  They are who gives me the strength to keep going on.
*I am not a nutritionist or fitness instructor. This is my opinion.
*I have a disability called aphasia, since my surgery.  In my head I can speak properly, but I can’t put it in writing. If there mistake in my writing, this why.  I didn’t want someone else correcting it for me. This is how my life is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment