Life has been good to me. Getting ready for Christmas and to see everyone. We get so busy that we forget to breath, if at first you don't pass out. But I think with cancer, you focus on it too much. Worrying about you health is a big concern of mine especially during the cold season. Your mind run away for you and you start think about the worse. I do this occasionally...often...almost all the time. At least I thought. Then one day, a typical day, it occurred to me. I was sitting with my husband two months ago. We just had dinner and was watching TV. A commercial came on about Cancer Center of America. I listened to it, when if over it dawn on me. I FORGOT THAT I HAVE CANCER. I forgot. I didn't think it was possible. It was amazing that I could go about my day and not think about cancer. We are consumed by cancer, literally and figuratively. But how do you forget? I read a lot about patients who meet the cancer head on. They don't ignore it or turn a blind eye. So, I'm staring cancer straight in eye and say,
"Hello cancer, I don't like you and I want you gone. I'm going to tell my family, friends, and everybody else who will listen, that you are bad news. I'm going to tell them what you did to my life. And maybe, just maybe, they would not have to deal with you too. "Cancer has my life a living Hell but it also made me thankful for what I have. I don't know where I be if I didn't have cancer. I do know this, fight for things you are passionate about, don't worry about things that you can't change, say 'I Love You' to the people you love, go see beautiful things, live each and everyday like it is you last, and don't regret anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment